Re: SQL-spec incompatibilities in similar_escape() and related stuff

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL-spec incompatibilities in similar_escape() and related stuff
Date: 2019-05-22 04:54:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert> But the number of people using out-of-core postfix operators
Robert> has got to be really tiny -- unless, maybe, there's some really
Robert> popular extension like PostGIS that uses them.

If there's any extension that uses them I've so far failed to find it.

For the record, the result of my Twitter poll was 29:2 in favour of
removing them, for what little that's worth.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)