Re: Tracing SQL statements per page/request

From: Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>
To: Shahaf Abileah <shahaf(at)redfin(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tracing SQL statements per page/request
Date: 2008-08-21 09:28:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Shahaf Abileah <shahaf 'at' redfin.com> writes:

> If not, can someone recommend another approach? In case it helps, we use
> hibernate as our O-R mapping so hibernate is responsible for generating most
> (not all) of our SQL queries (some are still issued by direct SQL). Also, we

in pg is a good idea, as already suggested, but if many other
unrelated clients also access pg and thus it's difficult to
isolate the queries you're interested in, why not
hibernate.show_sql + appropriate logging on your direct SQL
layer?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau, MNC Mobile News Channel SA, an Alcatel-Lucent Company
Av. de la Gare 10, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland - direct +41 21 317 50 36