Re: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date: 2004-11-11 07:54:55
Lists: pgsql-general

This would be another forgery.

In case anyone's curious, this looks like the work of the well known net.kook,
Steve Young <bowtie(at)brightdsl(dot)net>.

He seems to be a well known personality on news.groups (and alt.usenet.kooks).
He has a strange obsession with newsgroup charters and he's been forging votes
on newsgroup creation CFVs recently.

Search for "steve young lidya.net" on groups.google.com for some other
examples of his work.

You'll have to block at least mailout01.ims-firmen.de [213.174.32.96] as well.
And probably sneakemail.com's servers as well, a remailer he seems to be fond
of. I don't know if that'll stop him though.

In all likelihood he'll get tired of this once the newsgroup administrivia has
passed and move on to harass other people. Perhaps he'll get bored of it
already once he sees that we know who it is.

--
greg