Dead code?

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Dead code?
Date: 2006-09-05 12:21:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there anywhere we make use of this code that handles attlen == -2?

If so I'm curious where because I was thinking of doing something similar and
didn't realise we already had this capability. But I suspect it's just dead
code left over, possibly from the days before the Name data type?

/*
* att_addlength increments the given offset by the length of the attribute.
* attval is only accessed if we are dealing with a variable-length attribute.
*/
#define att_addlength(cur_offset, attlen, attval) \
( \
((attlen) > 0) ? \
( \
(cur_offset) + (attlen) \
) \
: (((attlen) == -1) ? \
( \
(cur_offset) + VARATT_SIZE(DatumGetPointer(attval)) \
) \
: \
( \
AssertMacro((attlen) == -2), \
(cur_offset) + (strlen(DatumGetCString(attval)) + 1) \
)) \
)

--
Gregory Stark