aclitem out/in don't "work"

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: aclitem out/in don't "work"
Date: 2008-03-13 14:25:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just noting what seems to me to be a bug, though perhaps not a consequential
one since we never dump out the contents of system tables and don't expect
people to be using aclitem for non-system tables.

The output of aclitem can't be read back back in as an aclitem:

postgres=# select relacl::text from pg_class limit 1;
relacl
{=r/stark}
(1 row)

postgres=# select relacl::text::aclitem from pg_class limit 1;
ERROR: unrecognized key word: ""
HINT: ACL key word must be "group" or "user".

I can't look at fixing it right now but I'll poke my nose in a bit later when
I'm done what I'm doing.

--
Gregory Stark