Problem with ODBC in current CVS?

From: Bruce Stephens <bruce(at)cenderis(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with ODBC in current CVS?
Date: 2000-08-28 21:17:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've been trying to get StarOffice 5.2 working with PostgreSQL grabbed
directly from CVS, and have been having no end of problems (I'm sure I
had this working with StarOffice 5.1 months ago, but I don't remember
how, alas). (It probably doesn't help that I don't really understand
what ODBC is doing.)

Anyway, using the iodbc driver manager and libpsqlodbc, I seem to be
getting close. StarOffice connects but shows no tables. From the
libpsqlodbc log file, it appears to be trying this:

select relname,usename,relhasrules from pg_class,pg_user
where relkind = 'r' and relname !~ '^pg_|^dd_' and
relname !~ '^xinv[0-9]+' and
int4out(usesysid) = int4out(relowner)order by relname

which returns no rows when I try it by hand. These int4out's look
iffy to me. Aren't usesysid and relowner int2? Why does it need to
do any conversion anyway? Why not just usesysid=relowner? What am I
missing?