Re: upper planner path-ification

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers\(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: upper planner path-ification
Date: 2015-05-17 15:14:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert> I think grouping_planner() is badly in need of some refactoring
Robert> just to make it shorter. It's over 1000 lines of code, which
Robert> IMHO is a fairly ridiculous length for a single function.

If there's interest, we could do that specific task as part of adding
hashagg support for grouping sets (which would otherwise make it even
longer), or as preparatory work for that.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)