Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs
Date: 2018-07-24 23:48:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andres> My read of the concensus (in which I am in the majority, so I
Andres> might be biased) is that we do want inlining to be the default.
Andres> We were thinking that it'd be necessary to provide a way to
Andres> force inlining on the SQL level for individual CTEs.

For the record, here is where it came up in the original discussion
exactly 10 years ago when the feature was being added:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/87myk1rg4z.fsf%40news-spur.riddles.org.uk#35efe8ef370518116c38ddc550632aa0

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)