Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Paul Schaap <ps(at)ipggroup(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data
Date: 2018-11-01 22:26:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Paul> Hi Andrew,

Paul> Yes there are indexes on both tables, and the issue only shows up
Paul> with high volumes.

Does it show up with low volumes too if you do set enable_seqscan=false;

Paul> Note I have subsequently isolated the issue down to a pg_dump 10
Paul> to pg_restore 11 using -Fc.

No, I don't think you have. In particular, it's not plausible that using
-Fc makes any substantive difference, since the commands run for the
restore will not be any different to restoring a plain-text dump.

--
Andrew.