Re: top posting

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: top posting
Date: 2007-12-11 17:17:14
Lists: pgsql-general

"Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca> writes:

> On a mailing list, perhaps one can argue that the conventions simply have to
> be followed. But I know I find it pretty annoying to get 36 lines of quoted
> text followed by something like, "No: see the manual, section x.y.z."

That's because the real sin is in quoting irrelevant text. The only reason to
quote text is to respond to it and then you would naturally respond after the
quote since the other way around makes no sense.

If anyone does make a FAQ make sure explain first *what* to quote.
And only having said that then say *how* to quote it.

--
Gregory Stark