Re: DROP SUBSCRIPTION hangs if sub is disabled in the same transaction

From: Arseny Sher <a(dot)sher(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: 2017-09-15 17:35:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:

> Here is a simple patch that fixes this, based on my original proposal
> point #4.

I checked, it passes the tests and solves the problem. However, isn't
this

+ if (slotname || !subenabled)

is a truism? Is it possible that subscription has no slot but still
enabled?

Besides, we can avoid stopping the workers if subscription has no
associated replication origin, though this probably means that
subscription was broken by user and is not worth it.

--
Arseny Sher