Re: pgsql: Fix "base" snapshot handling in logical decoding

From: Arseny Sher <a(dot)sher(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix "base" snapshot handling in logical decoding
Date: 2018-07-06 07:55:41
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> I just don't see it that VACUUM FULL would change the xmin of anything
> to FrozenXid, and in my experiments it doesn't. Did you mean VACUUM
> FREEZE?

Well, docs for VACUUM say:

FREEZE

Selects aggressive “freezing” of tuples. Specifying FREEZE is
equivalent to performing VACUUM with the vacuum_freeze_min_age and
vacuum_freeze_table_age parameters set to zero. Aggressive freezing
is always performed when the table is rewritten, so this option is
redundant when FULL is specified.

So this is literally the same. rewrite_heap_tuple does the job.

> Thanks for the detective work! I pushed this test change.

Thank you, I appreciate this.

--
Arseny Sher
The Russian Postgres Company