Re: Open 7.3 issues

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open 7.3 issues
Date: 2002-08-15 04:09:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> remove interfaces/ssl if not improved
>
> I am ready to yank this.

Agreed.

> integrate or remove new libpqxx
> integrate or add to gborg Pg:DBD
>
> Seems like gborg is the place for these.

Yes, but I'd also like to see libpq++, perl5, and possibly some other
interfaces re-packaged separately. I think everyone agrees on the
direction here, it just needs someone (Marc?) to do the work.

> allow specification of configuration files in a different directory?
>
> Anyone working on this?

Not sure we need this for 7.3 -- unless (a) someone steps up to do the
work (b) there is some consensus on the design, I don't have a problem
with letting this wait for 7.4

> Allow PL/PgSQL functions to return sets
>
> Is anyone working on this?

I am. It should be ready in time for 7.3.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC