Re: Commit Fest

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit Fest
Date: 2008-03-21 10:17:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 23:07 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
>> > Simon, would it be too much to ask that you concentrate on reviewing
>> > existing patches during commit fest? Trying to get people to think
>> > about random new ideas is about the most direct undermining of the
>> > commit-fest concept that I can think of. Save 'em for later.
>>
>> That's a fair reminder, thanks, I will do that.
>
> I'm a bit in the dark about this Commit Fest, to be honest.
>
> Is this the list of patches to be reviewed?
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo:CommitFest

That was labelled "experimental" and "in-progress". It was my attempt to dump
Bruces mailbox into the wiki. Unfortunately not enough information was present
in Bruce's pages to do that reasonably.

The "list" is at http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches

It would be nice if we could remove the patches which have been reviewed or
applied from that list, but only Bruce can do that. Tom's berated Bruce once
for not focusing on the commitfest so I suspect that may happen soon.

--
Gregory Stark