Re: License clarification: BSD vs MIT

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: License clarification: BSD vs MIT
Date: 2009-10-26 19:02:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org (Dave Page) writes:
> As Tom says though, the effect this has on users is zero. The licence
> is still the same as its always been, regardless of what we say it is
> based on or looks like.

There may be a fairly miniscule one...

There do exist "GPL zealots" that bash, as "not free" (in the sense
that people are doubtless well aware of), stuff licensed under a "BSD
license."

There may be some non-zero advantage to saying "MIT style," in that
this changes coasts ;-) and takes a micro-step away from the political
aspects of "BSD vs GPL."

But I'm not disagreeing with you, by any means! :-)
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'gmail.com';
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/emacs.html