Re: [sqlsmith] Failed to generate plan on lateral subqueries

From: Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Failed to generate plan on lateral subqueries
Date: 2015-12-08 06:55:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:

> Tom Lane writes:
>> Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
>>> I've added new grammar rules to sqlsmith and improved some older ones.
>>> This was rewarded with a return of "failed to generate plan" errors.
>>
>> I believe I've dealt with these cases now. Thanks for the report!
>
> I no longer see "failed to build any n-way joins" after pulling, but
> there are still instances of "could not devise a query plan". Samples below.

sorry, I spoke too soon: nine of the former have been logged through the
night. I'm attaching a larger set of sample queries this time in case
that there are still multiple causes for the observed errors.

regards,
Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
failed_to_build_any_n-way_joins.sql text/plain 22.9 KB
could_not_devise_a_plan.sql text/plain 24.8 KB