Re: Ryu floating point output patch

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "pgsql-hackers\(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Donald Dong <xdong(at)csumb(dot)edu>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Date: 2019-01-19 14:06:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew> 4. Passes regression tests

Andrew> Well, almost. I missed a contrib module, and there's some
Andrew> issues with rounding and subnormal values on Windows that I
Andrew> need to track down.

This should fix all the known issues.

This does make one significant change to the algorithm: it will no
longer return the exact midpoint between two values (thereby relying on
the reader to get the correct rounding direction). This gains
portability without compromising the performance (which is not affected
by the change).

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Attachment Content-Type Size