Re: BUG #2429: Explain does not report object's schema

From: Lars Haugseth <njus(at)larshaugseth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2429: Explain does not report object's schema
Date: 2006-05-10 12:54:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

* cunha17(at)gmail(dot)com ("Cristiano da Cunha Duarte") wrote:

| 1) PROBLEM:
|
| Explain command does not report the schema of objects, so when using objects
| having the same name but in different schemas, they will apear as being the
| same object.
|
| 2) HOW TO REPRODUCE:

Don't know whether this would help in your situation, but you can make the
output of EXPLAIN disambiguous by using table aliases:

EXPLAIN
SELECT *
FROM schema1.mytable AS mt1, schema2.mytable AS mt2
WHERE 1=0

(The AS keyword is optional.)

The aliases will be included in the query plan output.

--
Lars Haugseth

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to
retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it." -Tom Lehrer