Re: 'now' is sometimes not now - but current_timestamp is

From: Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'now' is sometimes not now - but current_timestamp is
Date: 2006-10-13 14:27:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Tom Lane <tgl 'at' sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> If you are going to copy the implementation of CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
> you should at least copy it accurately. (Hint: the cast from
> text to timestamp is not immutable.) But why are you not just
> using CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, rather than trying to outsmart the system?

I was just trying to use what is best and wrongly picked up
'now'::TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE. I know now this was wrong :), I
only claimed that maybe the table description was a little
misleading (I know the difference was the ::text cast but for a
non postgresql expert, it didn't look crucial).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau
Create your personal SMS or WAP Service - visit http://mobilefriends.ch/