Re: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Win32)

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Trevor Talbot" <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Shelby Cain" <alyandon(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Terry Yapt" <yapt(at)technovell(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Win32)
Date: 2007-08-24 14:02:32
Lists: pgsql-general

"Trevor Talbot" <quension(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> I gather postgres depends on it being at the same address, and fixing that
> isn't trivial?

I haven't been following the rest of the thread so I'm not sure if this is
important. But no, fixing that should be relatively trivial as there are
already some configurations where it's not the case (the EXEC_BACKEND case I
believe). The rest of the system uses a shared memory base pointer and
references everything relative to that.

--
Gregory Stark