Re: ALTER TABLE ... ADD FOREIGN KEY ... NOT ENFORCED

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE ... ADD FOREIGN KEY ... NOT ENFORCED
Date: 2011-01-24 17:07:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com (Simon Riggs) writes:
> I just wanted to point out that the patch submitted here does not allow
> what is requested here for FKs (nor indexes).

That's fine; I was trying to support the thought that there was
something useful about this idea. Being able to expressly deactivate
indices seems like a reasonable thing to add as a separate TODO item,
and I'll see about doing so.
--
MICROS~1 has brought the microcomputer OS to the point where it is
more bloated than even OSes from what was previously larger classes of