Re: Number of days in a month

From: Jason Earl <jason(dot)earl(at)simplot(dot)com>
To: Samudra E Haque <haque(at)pradeshta(dot)net>
Cc: Jason Earl <jason(dot)earl(at)simplot(dot)com>, Michael Klatt <mdklatt(at)ou(dot)edu>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Number of days in a month
Date: 2001-12-07 17:29:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Yes, that's a good point. I definitely would listen to that kind of
advice if all of your queries asked for the last day of a month. It
also shouldn't be too hard to store this sort of information in a
small table and modify the function so that it either selects the
information from the table and computes it on the fly if the month in
question isn't in the table (it could even fill the table for you).

Jason