Re: Encoding and i18n

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "PostgreSQL-development Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Encoding and i18n
Date: 2007-10-07 00:26:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Since nl_langinfo(CODESET) is supposedly determined only by LC_CTYPE, you
> could argue that strftime's results should be in that encoding regardless,

It seems to me we aren't actually using strftime any more in any case. We seem
to be using things like _("Monday") instead. Except in my tests I don't get
any French dates even when the server is started in French mode. I think we
just don't have localizations for those strings yet.

--
Gregory Stark