To get a Table or View like a Calendar with dates

From: Csanyi Pal <csanyipal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: To get a Table or View like a Calendar with dates
Date: 2012-08-04 20:24:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I'm trying to explain what I want to achieve with my postgresql
database.

The database should store the data like dates of the beginning and the
end of the school year, holidays, non school days, various events, etc.

I want to get a Table or a View which I can use as a School Calendar
with school days, and non school days too, and much more.

I have created Tables with dates of the beginning date and the end date
of the school year.

I have Table with dates of holidays and/or non school days in the school
year too.

Can I create a Table or a View from these Tables to get such a school
calendar?

--
Regards from Pal