Re: Final Patch for GROUPING SETS

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, Marti Raudsepp <marti(at)juffo(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Final Patch for GROUPING SETS
Date: 2014-09-27 05:37:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew> I was holding off on posting a recut patch with the latest
Andrew> EXPLAIN formatting changes (which are basically cosmetic)
Andrew> until it became clear whether RLS was likely to be reverted
Andrew> or kept (we have a tiny but irritating conflict with it, in
Andrew> the regression test schedule file where we both add to the
Andrew> same list of tests).

And here is that recut patch set.

Changes since last posting (other than conflict removal):

- gsp1.patch: clearer EXPLAIN output as per discussion

Recut patches:

gsp1.patch - phase 1 code patch (full syntax, limited functionality)
gsp2.patch - phase 2 code patch (adds full functionality using the
new chained aggregate mechanism)
gsp-doc.patch - docs
gsp-contrib.patch - quote "cube" in contrib/cube and contrib/earthdistance,
intended primarily for testing pending a decision on
renaming contrib/cube or unreserving keywords
gsp-u.patch - proposed method to unreserve CUBE and ROLLUP

(the contrib patch is not necessary if the -u patch is used; the
contrib/pg_stat_statements fixes are in the phase1 patch)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Attachment Content-Type Size
gsp1.patch text/x-patch 183.4 KB