Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"

From: Sergey Burladyan <eshkinkot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"
Date: 2018-01-19 14:18:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:

> Of course, a particularly strange distribution could still pick a
> conflicting OS name, but that seems rather unlikely, I guess.

Why the tests depend and use current OS user name? I think it's not very
good (if you does not test exactly that, of course).

If you enforce user name for temporary initdb cluster and use this
name for connection in tests, then you does not depends on OS name at
all, something like this (see attachment).

With this patch "make check-world" run successfully with OS name "user"
and "current_user".

--
Sergey Burladyan

Attachment Content-Type Size
force-postgres.patch text/x-patch 2.1 KB