Re: recent security activity

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
Subject: Re: recent security activity
Date: 2002-08-22 22:48:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net> writes:
> I think that's an excellent idea. It would allow people to subscribe to
> what would seemingly be a low volume mailing list and still be alerted
> to possible issues they should be aware of.

Would the purpose of the list be for publicizing vulnerabilities and
patches, or for the discussion of potential security problems, code
auditing, and related development activity?

If the former, I think pgsql-announce is adequate for that purpose. If
the latter, I'd rather see that kind of discussion on -hackers, so
that other developers are aware of what's going on.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC