Re: Exposing the Xact commit order to the user

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Exposing the Xact commit order to the user
Date: 2010-06-02 17:45:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu (Dan Ports) writes:
> I'm not clear on why the total rowcount is useful, but perhaps I'm
> missing something obvious.

It would make it easy to conclude:

"This next transaction did 8328194 updates. Maybe we should do
some kind of checkpoint (e.g. - commit transaction or such) before
working on it."

versus

"This transaction we're thinking of working on had 7 updates. No
big deal..."
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "ofni.secnanifxunil" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxfinances.info/info/finances.html