Re: [NOVICE] pg or DBI

From: Jason Earl <jason(dot)earl(at)simplot(dot)com>
To: "Williams, Travis L, NPONS" <tlw(at)att(dot)com>
Cc: "Devinder K Rajput" <Devinder(dot)Rajput(at)ipaper(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] pg or DBI
Date: 2002-10-24 20:11:47
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-novice

Actually there are two PostgreSQL Perl interfaces the DBI based one
and Pg. It has been a while since I have used Perl (and it has been
even longer since I used the Pg interface), but I can tell you that
most people use the DBI version. The two interfaces are very similar,
but the Pg interface is PostgreSQL specific. In other words, if you
want to migrate to another database in the future then you should use
DBI. DBI is also likely to be more familiar to Perl hackers that have
worked with another database.

Jason