Re: multiline CSV fields

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multiline CSV fields
Date: 2004-11-30 16:09:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> FWIW, I don't make a habit of using multiline fields in my spreadsheets - and
> some users I have spoken to aren't even aware that you can have them at all.

Unfortunately I don't get a choice. I offer a field on the web site where
users can upload an excel sheet. Some of the fields of my database are
expected to have multi-line text in them. So I expect virtually all the
uploads to have multi-line fields in them.

So as far as I'm concerned, this import system is simply unusable. I have to
write a program to do the import. Since I was always planning to write such a
program I'm not too disappointed though.

--
greg