Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)
Date: 2005-06-18 19:44:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:

> Keeping people out of template1 is my major concern, however it seemed like
> a good way to kill 2 birds with one stone and solve both problems at once.

FWIW here's a "me too" on keeping people out of template1 by default. I've
more than once accidentally created objects in template1. A couple times I've
actually restored an entire database in template1. And it's a bit of a pain to
clean out if you have any objects you actually want there.

I would agree with keeping things simple and naming it "default".

--
greg