psql \e command

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql \e command
Date: 2008-06-04 07:12:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have two feature proposals for psql:

1. After executing some set of commands from a file via "\e foo.sql",
pressing C-p or Up brings executed commands, instead of
"\e foo.sql". Shouldn't psql be bringing "\e foo.sql"?

2. It would be really neat to be able to issue

\et regex - Edit table. (Create script of table will get dumped.)
\et+ regex - Edit table with dependents. (With create script of
INDEXes, triggers, etc.)
\ef regex - Edit function.

Because, I generally end up entering to a manual copy-paste cycle
when I want to modify an existing function.

What do others think about these features? (Actually, I generally run my
psql instances within emacs, and that makes no need for any \e
combination. But that is not the case everytime I query a PostgreSQL
database server.)

Regards.