Re: UNNEST with multiple args, and TABLE with multiple funcs

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: UNNEST with multiple args, and TABLE with multiple funcs
Date: 2013-10-01 19:59:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki> I've spent some time reviewing this patch - looks pretty
Heikki> good! I'm not through yet, but I wanted to post an
Heikki> update. Attached is a new version, with some modifications I
Heikki> made. Notably:

Heikki> I refactored the grammar a bit

And broke the ability to do TABLE(unnest(a,b,c), otherfunc(d)).

Yes, you can still do TABLE(unnest(a), unnest(b), unnest(c), otherfunc(d))
but I view this as a significant loss of functionality; I will see about
fixing that.

I am still looking at the other changes.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)