Re: [ADMIN] Vacuum error on database postgres

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Vacuum error on database postgres
Date: 2006-09-15 12:45:07
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com> writes:

> Is there any reason to allow ANALYZE run insinde a transaction at all?

I had a script to run explain over a set of queries, then run analyze, then
run explain again and check the plans for unexpected changes. It would roll
back the analyze if any production queries had changed plans and email the
diff to the DBA to review.

Actually I never finished the script but that was the plan :)

--
Gregory Stark