Re: strange buildfarm failure on lionfish

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange buildfarm failure on lionfish
Date: 2007-07-25 21:20:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Someday we might like to allow this, but it seems to mean inventing a
> new GUC context type, which I don't think I want to get into right now.

Another option would be adding an option to initdb to override default config
settings in the postgreql.conf. Then the pg_regress could just specify options
like this for the regression database if necessary.

It might make sense to tweak other settings in there as well to improve test
coverage for things which probably don't happen in the short interval the
regression test suite allows.

Also, it might let us set up a standby database in the regression suite which
would give us some xlog coverage as well which is a critical portion of the
system the regression suite doesn't test at all.

--
Gregory Stark