Re: Detecting backend failures via libpq / DBD::Pg

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Detecting backend failures via libpq / DBD::Pg
Date: 2014-12-30 01:14:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg> I am working on enhancing the ping() method of DBD::Pg. The
Greg> goal of that is for a user to be able to determine if the
Greg> connection to the database is still valid. The basic way we do
Greg> this is to send a simple SELECT via PQexec

Why not PQexec(conn, "") ?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)