Re: Documentation access problems.

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Hugh Sasse" <hgs(at)dmu(dot)ac(dot)uk>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation access problems.
Date: 2007-03-23 16:48:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>>> It should be standard docs imo. PDF is a heck of a lot easier to read if
>>> you have a good PDF reader.
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, what would that be? I've used both Acrobat and
>> Preview, and I do not like either.
Have you tried acroread recently? Version 7 is much better than previous
version -- at least in that it actually, you know, works...
It still, incredibly, has the stupid 1980s style MDI interface though. But as
long as you're only working with one document at a time it's usable. Much
faster than navigating separate web pages. I don't use it for the Postgres
docs which are reasonable to navigate in HTML, but for something like the SQL
spec where I want to be able to search through hundreds of pages and jump
around repeatedly it's much faster.
--
Gregory Stark