Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid

From: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Matheus de Oliveira <matioli(dot)matheus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Nasby\, Jim" <nasbyj(at)amazon(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers\(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Maxim Boguk <maxim(dot)boguk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: found xmin from before relfrozenxid on pg_catalog.pg_authid
Date: 2018-06-26 20:48:13
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hackers, felt like reporting this relevant tidbit in case of interest...

My site is among the few who've hit this bug.

We observed recently a case of pg_database having joined pg_authid and
pg_auth_members in the bad xmin, unable to vacuum shcatalog group,
however...

pg_database then started working again without any intervention on our
part so apparently due to some relevant system activity.

We did later do a restart to correct the problem for those other 2
catalogs but , will try the global init file hack mentioned below later
if/when we face this anew before running a fixed Pg version.

Many thanks!

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting