Re: io storm on checkpoints, postgresql 8.2.4, linux

From: "Dmitry Potapov" <fortune(dot)fish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Mark Mielke" <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: io storm on checkpoints, postgresql 8.2.4, linux
Date: 2007-08-22 16:16:15
Lists: pgsql-performance

2007/8/22, Mark Mielke <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>:

> Are you able to show that the dirty pages are all coming from postgres?

I don't know how to prove that, but I suspect that nothing else except
postgres writes to disk on that system, because it runs nothing except
postgresql and syslog (which I configured not to write to local storage,
but to send everytning to remote log server). No cron jobs, nothing else.

--
Regards,
Dmitry