Re: Slony across platforms

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slony across platforms
Date: 2007-01-07 05:23:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com (Scott Marlowe) wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 15:54, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Would there be any problem with using Slony-I to replicate from a
>> Windows server to Linux? Has anyone done this?

It otta work...

>> Also, is there a mailing list for Slony?

Check at <http://slony.info/>; things will probably be moving around
soon, as gBorg is in the process of getting deprecated, but that
hasn't changed yet.

> Should work. Try to have them run with the same locale setting (and
> encoding???) if possible.

Yeah, varying encodings/locales could easily be a problem, notably if
you get data on one node that can't be represented on another.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/finances.html