Re: postgres 9.6.2 update breakage

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke(at)gnu(dot)org>
To: Roel Janssen <roel(at)gnu(dot)org>
Cc: Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber(at)dustycloud(dot)org>, guix-devel(at)gnu(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 9.6.2 update breakage
Date: 2017-05-14 10:49:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Roel Janssen writes:

> So, it would be something like:
> postgres pg_upgrade \

It's great to have a recipe `that works', so thanks!

However, whether or not we automate this, I cannot help to wonder if
we should support downgrading -- at least to the previous version
in this case?

If I'm not mistaken, everything else in GuixSD will run if I select a
previous system generation in Grub...except for this?

Is involving postgres developers an option, I'm sure a least one of
the postgresql hackers[cc] are already looking at Guix[SD]?

Greetings,
janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke(at)gnu(dot)org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org