declaration-after-statement (was Re: Ryu floating point output patch)

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: declaration-after-statement (was Re: Ryu floating point output patch)
Date: 2019-01-11 23:04:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> 4. Can we allow declaration-after-statement please? That would allow
>> keeping this code significantly closer to its upstream.

Andres> As I said on IRC: I'm personally on-board with changing this
Andres> styilistic requirement, but I also think that it'd be OK to
Andres> just disable the warning for the individual object files when
Andres> they're imported (likely using target specific makefile
Andres> variable assignements) if we cannot get agreement on the global
Andres> policy change.

So are there any strong disagreements with the idea of disabling the
warning at least for these specific files? If I don't hear any
objections, I'll go for that in the next version of the patch.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)