Re: Documentation: GiST extension implementation

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Documentation: GiST extension implementation
Date: 2009-06-12 20:59:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Le 12 juin 09 à 21:49, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Applied with some editorialization.

Thanks a lot :)

> It seems to me it could still do
> with a lot more detail to specify what API the functions are really
> expected to implement.

I'm sorry I'm not following... I guess you're talking about a better
high-level view of things? Like describing GiST itself, the way it's
done in the following link, but reduced in one or two paragraphs?
http://gist.cs.berkeley.edu/gist1.html

I'll be happy to work on improving this documentation some more (but
won't be there next week)...

Regards,
--
dim