Re: does this require a stored procedure?

From: Alex Rice <alrice(at)ARCplanning(dot)com>
To: chester c young <chestercyoung(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: does this require a stored procedure?
Date: 2003-05-08 19:44:49
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 01:26 PM, chester c young wrote:

> do you mean something like:
>
> select t.url_id, t.url as title_url, t.sval as title_val,
> c.url as content_url, c.sval as content_val
> from
> (select * from urlinfo where sname = 'title') t
> join
> (select * from urlinfo where sname = 'Content-type') c
> using( url_id );

Chester. Thanks, this helpful. However I think a stored procedure might
be the way to go. See the url string exists only in the url table.
Also the primary key is named url_id or rec_id depending which table,
so the using(url_id) wouldn't work for that join.

mnogosearch=> \d url
Table "public.url"
Column | Type | Modifiers

-----------------+------------------
+-------------------------------------------
----
rec_id | integer | not null default
nextval('next_url_id'::te
xt)
status | integer | not null default 0
docsize | integer | not null default 0
next_index_time | integer | not null
last_mod_time | integer |
referrer | integer | not null default 0
hops | integer | not null default 0
crc32 | integer | not null default 0
seed | integer | not null default 0
bad_since_time | integer |
site_id | integer |
server_id | integer |
pop_rank | double precision | not null default 0
url | text | not null

mnogosearch=> \d urlinfo
Table "public.urlinfo"
Column | Type | Modifiers