Re: BUG #13520: postgres not connecting with opnerp7.0

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: "manoj(dot)itara(at)gmail(dot)com" <manoj(dot)itara(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #13520: postgres not connecting with opnerp7.0
Date: 2015-07-28 19:47:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"manoj(dot)itara(at)gmail(dot)com" <manoj(dot)itara(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I facing a issue while connecting postgres.Can you solve it.
>
> Error:
> psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> Is the server running locally and accepting
> connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

This is not a bug; for future questions on usage, please send an
email to pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, to post to the appropriate
list.

The hint says it all -- either the server is not running (and you
need to start it before you can connect), or it is running using a
different port number or subdirectory (and you should specify that
in your connection options).

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com