Re: Is a clearer memory lifespan for outerTuple and innerTuple useful?

From: Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com>
To: Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is a clearer memory lifespan for outerTuple and innerTuple useful?
Date: 2023-12-15 07:51:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com> writes:

> ..., I attached the 2 MemoryContext in
> JoinState rather than MergeJoinState, which is for the "shared detoast
> value"[0] more or less.

After thinking more, if it is designed for "shared detoast value" patch
(happens on ExecInterpExpr stage), the inner_tuple_memory and
outer_tuple_memory should be attached to ExprContext rather than
JoinState since it is more natual to access ExprConext (compared with
JoinState) in ExecInterpExpr. I didn't attach a new version for this,
any feedback will be appreciated.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan