Re: Pet Peeves?

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pet Peeves?
Date: 2009-01-29 17:18:19
Lists: pgsql-general

David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> writes:

> * No built-in ways to get the information psql gets. "See what psql
> is doing" isn't an option when somebody doesn't have psql on hand.

Uhm, what information are you referring to here?

> * No man pages for the internals.

Is it just that not all of the manual is actually exported into man pages? Or
is there stuff you would like to see in the manual that isn't there?

> * CTEs not yet integrated into the adjacency lists in pg_catalog, etc.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here either.

> Remember to vote!

This may not be so timely any more, though I suppose there's always someone
somewhere holding elections :)

--
Gregory Stark