Re: 7.0 release notes should call out incompatiblechanges more clearly

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.0 release notes should call out incompatiblechanges more clearly
Date: 2000-04-02 22:07:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:
> Ah, and if anyone ever used CREATE FUNCTION/WITH, the position of the
> WITH clause has changed. Tom, was "with" useful enough for anyone to
> care about this?

I doubt it. The parameters that can be specified in WITH never did
anything before 7.0 (well, I suppose some of them did back when the
"expensive functions" optimization code worked). The only one that
does anything useful now is ISCACHABLE (permits reduction of function
during constant-folding), and that functionality is new in 7.0.