Re: iscacheable for date/time?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com
Subject: Re: iscacheable for date/time?
Date: 2001-09-26 15:01:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org> writes:
> ... and how about the istrusted attribute for various routines? Should
> it be always false or always true for C builtin functions?

At the moment it seems to be true for every pg_proc entry in template1.
AFAIK the attribute is not actually being looked at, anyway. I think
it used to be used to determine which functions needed to be executed in
a separate subprocess for safety reasons (ie, coredump of the function
wouldn't kill the backend) ... but that code's been gone for a long while.