Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ResultSet.getDate

From: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ResultSet.getDate
Date: 1999-02-02 04:39:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Peter Garner <peter_garner(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:

> I am using the JDK 1.1.7v1a from Blackdown. Indeed,
> Java's handling of dates is a little funky. But in
> this case the problem is that the returned strings
> are not being handled properly. Calling getString
> instead of getDate returns :
>
> "Mon Feb 01 16:08:00 1999 UTC"
>
> And the format string used in the SimpleDateFormatter
> object that getDate uses to convert that string is
> not correct for that format. If there is anything I
> can do to help, please let me know! :-)

Perhaps opening your connections as follows might help you

// open connection
conn = DriverManager.getConnection (url, usr, pwd);

// set datestyle
Statement st = conn.createStatement ();
st.executeUpdate ("set datestyle='iso'");
st.executeUpdate ("show datestyle");
st.close ();

Aleksey Demakov
avd(at)gcom(dot)ru